Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Letting Him set the Pace

It is so easy for me to cross the line. I don't mean to, my heart just wants to help, my brain wants to figure out the plan and fix it, my will won't give us and keeps driving to accomplish it.

Sometimes that sounds like good attributes.

Desire, creative thinking and determination. Other times it looks like wanting my own way, kicking through road blocks God puts up for my protection and stubbornness.

Exhaustion is often the result when I let it look like the later. I find comfort in this verse from Romans 3: 28. It isn't about me figuring out the plan or leading the parade, it is about watching, listening and following what God is already doing. Being on the team. God's team.

What we've learned is this: God does not respond to what we do; we respond to what God does. We've finally figured it out. Our lives get in step with God and all others by letting him set the pace, not by proudly or anxiously trying to run the parade. Romans 3:28

Being in step with God sounds carefree. It makes me think of Kaytlynn or Harrison walking between Shane and me, holding tightly to our hands and occasionally swinging their feet up in the air. It is peaceful. No worry about the course or the direction, just holding on tightly. No running ahead or falling behind, just in step, right on time.

Lord, help me to hold onto you tightly, to stay in step with you and to follow your lead and your pace. Amen

1 comment:

  1. Good post! I find myself doing the same thing at times...wanting to 'fix' things or people. It's so much easier when I surrender those things to God...

    ReplyDelete