Monday, November 8, 2010

so bummed...Love in a Ziplock bag

Just found out the package that I thought was being sent overnight on Friday wont be arriving until Tuesday. Tuesday is too late. Sweet Ashli will already be on her flight and in the air. I know I should have gotten it out earlier. It is just that there are so many details going on every day and I thought I was in the clear. I dropped the ball. It makes me want to cry just thinking about it. I'm beginning to love our Ethiopian boys as if they are our own children. Yes it is different, but at the same time it isn't. They are our sponsored boys from the Project 61 ministry. We think of them as adopted, just staying at the boarding school in their own country. I just wanted them to have cards from Kaytlynn and Harrison. Some gum, pencils and new school pictures. Nothing that will save a life. Just LOVE sent in a Ziploc bag. I just want them to know we love them, that we are praying for them, that they are on our mind and...I want them to know that we will be with them for Christmas! It is a bit like sending a message in a bottle. Just bummed...my heart is sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment