Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Life is a Science Experiment.

My 11 year old, Kaytlynn, has been working feverishly on a fabulous experiment. It seemed natural because she likes to bake to do something in the kitchen. She chose to make from scratch two yellow cakes with all of the ingredients controlled as well as the baking conditions. She made only one slight change to the recipe. 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda was omitted in the second cake. As a good scientist would, she observed each step.



  1. the ingredients looked the same


  2. the batter looked, smelled, tasted the same


  3. not surprisingly the difference was in the baking

There was a big bubble on one side, the cake was difficult to get out of the pan, it crumbled on one side and was like a rubber solid chunk instead of a fluffy cake.

    I began to compare the experiment to my own life. Maybe on the surface I might look the same to my peeps. I smile, I'm kind, I say nice things. No one may suspect until I'm baked...under pressure. What if that little ingredient that is missing is love... the perfect love of Jesus. The secret is to put the love in ahead of time. One you are under pressure, there isn't time to throw in the missing ingredient.





    No comments:

    Post a Comment