Thursday, November 4, 2010

unwanted guests-the unperks

Today is the day of admission. The black jumping specks on my arms, my bed and my books are not pepper. The visitors have moved in to stay and today is the day their eviction notice is to be served. Maybe they are guests from the previous tenants. Maybe friends of the 4 cats upstairs. I'm not sure but being the unfriendly person that I am, today is the day of their doom. I have agreed for the nasty infusion to be imparted in our home. 10 days of vacuum clean up. Really, 10 days of bodies and eggs? The thought makes me shutter. The green natural girl that I aspire to be is wreathing in agony over the thought. Did we really sign up to live here on purpose?

4 comments:

  1. Ugh! I'm so sorry! I hope it works! And you will be rid of your unwanted guests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had fleas here this year too, I heard it's an awful year for them... I used a mixure of 1/2 table salt and 1/2 baking soda. It is supposed to dry out the flea eggs in the carpet. Vacuum and take your bag/cansiter directy to the outside garbage, then sprinkle a light dusting of the mixture all over your carpet and rub in with a broom. Leave it until you vacuum next time and repeat. A vet friend of mine said it takes like 6-8 weeks to hit all the cycles of the fleas, so it's natural and ok for kiddos and pets but it takes time to work completely, but probably 2 or less weeks in I didn't notice any more fleas but continues to do the treatment for a while...just in case. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the suggestions! The drama is suspended until Monday for now. The pros were off on their schedule. It doesnt hurt to do the professional treament and then rememedy suggested by Steph. I am going to try both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to put flea powder on my sheets (usually the herbal stuff) when I had an outbreak from my gone to Heaven doggies. Love your blog Jennifer. So real! You too!

    ReplyDelete