Friday, November 19, 2010

Miftah has no idea...

The lump in my throat wont go away. I walked into Mrs. Shelton's eager 1st grade classroom today. They remember Kaytlynn and Harrison and me from chapel. They were so curious as to why I was there. We gathered around the rocking chair for circle time and Mrs. Shelton graciously helped me tell the children....

Miftah was probably hungry today. He was probably struggling to live and to stay alive along with his family. He had no idea, across the world in Ethiopia, that this 1st grade classroom came together to sponsor him today. Miftah's world is about to be changed forever as well as the children in Mrs. Shelton's class.

The reality for me is overwhelming of how life for this one child will be changed forever.

I thought of the box of cookies I brought for the class...I gave the box to two of the students. They graciously agreed to share with the rest of the class. I believe God has given us in the United States a big box of cookies. Plenty for us and for others around the world. If only we would share our cookies, there would be plenty for everyone.

Would you consider sharing your cookies?

I am receiving special picture portfolios of children from Ethiopia. Would you help Kaytlynn and Harrison sponsor 100 Ethiopian children before we leave?

No comments:

Post a Comment